Listings Service Agreement Standard Terms and Conditions
THIS IS A LEGALLY-BINDING AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
1. Acknowledgement & Acceptance of Agreement
2. Pursuant to this Agreement, Advertiser submits Business Listing(s) and/or link(s) to, its web site(s) for inclusion on BuilderHK.com's web site. The terms and conditions applicable are set forth below.
3. Basic inclusion of a website title, description and URL ('Business Listing') on the BuilderHK.com site are sold on an inclusion basis for a one time, non-refundable setup fee and renewal fee. THE SETUP FEE IS IN CONSIDERATION FOR BUILDERHK.COM'S EDITORIAL REVIEW OF THE BUSINESS LISTING SUBMISSION AND IS THEREFORE NON-REFUNDABLE, EVEN IN THE EVENT THAT BUILDERHK.COM DECLINES TO INCLUDE ADVERTISER'S BUSINESS LISTING. BuilderHK.com may, in its sole discretion, change the setup or renewal fee at any time.
2. Following submission by Advertiser of a Business Listing submission form, BuilderHK.com will review the Business Listing entry containing the information submitted by Advertiser regarding its website, to determine whether Advertiser's Business Listing entry and applicable web site is eligible for inclusion in BuilderHK.com. Within a reasonable period from the date the Business Listing submission form is received by BuilderHK.com, BuilderHK.com will review Advertiser's Business Listing entry inclusion to determine whether it is eligible for inclusion in BuilderHK.com.
3. Notification of Changes
BuilderHK.com may, at any time in its sole discretion, change the terms of this Agreement. Modifications may include, without limitation, increases to any fees charged for the Listing Services. Whenever BuilderHK.com changes this Agreement, it will post those changes to its Web Site and will update the 'Last Updated' date at the top of this Agreement. The revised terms will become effective on the date BuilderHK.com posts such changes to its Web Site, except the fee increases will become effective at the time your Agreement renews/automatically renews. It is your obligation to check this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes. Without limiting the foregoing, if BuilderHK.com determines in its sole discretion that the modification is material, it will notify you electronically via the email address associated with each account. If any modification to this Agreement is not acceptable to you, your only remedy is to notify BuilderHK.com of your election not to renew your Agreement.
4. Term of Agreement
1. BuilderHK.com may, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without cause, terminate this Agreement and/or cancel any listings or links submitted under this Agreement.
5. Service Fees and Payment Terms
1. Advertiser agrees to pay all applicable charges under this Agreement, including any applicable taxes or charges imposed by any government entity. If Advertiser disputes any charge made under this Agreement, Advertiser must notify BuilderHK.com in writing within sixty (60) days after any such charge; failure to so notify BuilderHK.com shall result in the waiver by Advertiser of any claim relating to any such disputed charge. Charges shall be calculated solely based on records maintained by BuilderHK.com. No other measurements or statistics of any kind shall be accepted by BuilderHK.com or have any effect under this Agreement.
2. Fees: Advertiser agrees to pay all applicable charges under this Agreement, including any applicable taxes or charges imposed by any government entity. If Advertiser disputes any charge made under this Agreement, Advertiser must notify BuilderHK.com by sending a detailed notice of dispute to BuilderHK.com via email at: cs@BuilderHK.com within ten (10) days of the charge; failure to so notify BuilderHK.com shall result in the waiver by Advertiser of any claim relating to any such disputed charge. Charges shall be calculated solely based on records maintained by BuilderHK.com. No other measurements or statistics of any kind shall be accepted by BuilderHK.com or have any effect under this Agreement. All payments made under this Agreement are non-refundable.
3. Late Payments: Any charges which are past due by more than thirty (30) days shall bear interest at the rate of one percent (1%) per month or the maximum rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is less, and Advertiser shall reimburse BuilderHK.com for any costs and fees (including attorneys' fees) incurred by BuilderHK.com in an effort to collect any amount due hereunder.
6. Editorial Standards and Requirements
1. Advertiser's Listing entries are written by BuilderHK.com, or written by Advertiser subject to BuilderHK.com's approval. Advertiser's submissions to the BuilderHK.com site will be subject to BuilderHK.com editorial review, modification and/or removal in BuilderHK.com's sole discretion. BuilderHK.com reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review Advertiser submissions.
2. ADVERTISER REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT ITS LISTINGS, LINKS AND SUBMISSIONS TO THE BUILDERHK.COM SITE DO NOT, AND WILL NOT INCLUDE CONTENT, OR LINKS TO CONTENT, WHICH MAY RESULT IN A CLAIM AGAINST, OR CIVIL OR CRIMINAL LIABILITY TO, BUILDERHK.COM OR THAT OTHERWISE VIOLATES APPLICABLE LAW OR THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONTENT THAT IS FRAUDULENT, DECEPTIVE, LIBELOUS, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, PORNOGRAPHIC, ADULT-THEMED, INFRINGING OR THAT VIOLATES THE PRIVACY, PUBLICITY OR ANY OTHER RIGHT(S) OF A THIRD PARTY.
3. ADVERTISER HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS BUILDERHK.COM AND ITS AFFILIATES AND PARTNERS, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, PARTNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, LICENSEES AND EMPLOYEES, FROM AND AGAINST ALL THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, EXPENSES, DAMAGES, AND COSTS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES (COLLECTIVELY, 'LOSSES') THAT MAY AT ANY TIME BE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, SUITS OR PROCEEDINGS: (A) ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH BY ADVERTISER OF ANY DUTY, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; OR (B) ARISING FROM THE CONTENT OR SUBJECT MATTER OF ANY ADVERTISER LISTING, LINK, SUBMISSION OR CONTENT OF SITES TO WHICH VISITORS CAN LINK THROUGH ADVERTISER'S LINKS OR LISTINGS. BUILDERHK.COM RETAINS COMPLETE EDITORIAL DISCRETION WITH RESPECT TO ALL LISTINGS AND LINKS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REGARDING THE SELECTION, PLACEMENT, KEYWORDS, TITLE, DESCRIPTIONS AND MULTILINKS.
1. It is important for Advertiser to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and Advertiser agrees to accept full responsibility for all activities conducted using Advertiser's account on BuilderHK.com.
8. Registration Information
1. In connection with the Listing program, Advertiser is required to submit registration information. BuilderHK.com may use such information to contact Advertiser regarding its listings and links. BuilderHK.com may disclose such information to its third party vendors and service providers in connection with conducting its business and providing and maintaining its site, and, in addition, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law or legal process; (b) enforce this Agreement; or (c) protect the rights or interests of BuilderHK.com, its affiliates or related parties. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, BuilderHK.com may transfer, sell or assign such information to third parties as a result of a merger, consolidation or combination of BuilderHK.com with another entity.
1. Advertiser hereby grants to BuilderHK.com a worldwide, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to: (i) reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, download, cache, store on its servers, and otherwise use Advertiser's listings and submissions, and any portion thereof, including, without limitation, the trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos set forth therein, or as otherwise specified in writing by Advertiser (collectively the 'Advertiser Marks'), for purposes of providing the services covered by this Agreement; and (ii) incorporate in BuilderHK.com's sites links provided by Advertiser as part of its listings and submissions.
10. Warranty Disclaimer
1. NEITHER BUILDERHK.COM NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR VENDORS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT), GUARANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, PROMISES, STATEMENTS, ESTIMATES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER INDUCEMENTS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ORAL, WRITTEN OR OTHERWISE. BUILDERHK.COM'S OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE SUBJECT TO DELAYS CAUSED BY WAR, TERRORISM, ACT OF GOD, EMBARGOES, OR ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND BUILDERHK.COM'S REASONABLE CONTROL. ADVERTISER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT BUILDERHK.COM'S SITE IS OPERATED ON AN 'AS IS', 'AS AVAILABLE' BASIS, AND THAT NEITHER BUILDERHK.COM NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR VENDORS MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE PLACEMENT OF LISTINGS OR LINKS OR THE PERFORMANCE OR SECURITY OF ITS WEB SITE OR SERVICES.
11. Limitation of Liability
1. IN NO EVENT SHALL BUILDERHK.COM OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS, VENDORS OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOST OPPORTUNITIES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE AND REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION UPON WHICH ANY SUCH CLAIM IS BASED. IN NO EVENT SHALL BUILDERHK.COM'S LIABILITY FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER EXCEED THE FEES PAID TO BUILDERHK.COM BY ADVERTISER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE SIX MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE TIME THE APPLICABLE CLAIM ACCRUED.
1. In no event shall Advertiser collect, or cause or permit the collection of, any Personal Information (as defined below) from users of BuilderHK.com's site while such users are browsing or viewing BuilderHK.com's sites, or place any file or code, including cookies, on the personal computers of users of BuilderHK.com's sites while such users are browsing or viewing BuilderHK.com's sites. BuilderHK.com's privacy policies shall apply to users of BuilderHK.com's Web Site while users are browsing or viewing BuilderHK.com's site, and Advertiser shall comply with same. BuilderHK.com shall own all information relating to user access to BuilderHK.com's site, including, but not limited to, all Personal Information, demographics and usage information gathered therefrom. 'Personal Information' includes an individual's name, address, e-mail address, age, date of birth, credit card or other financial information, or any other contact or personal information about an individual or from which the personal information about an individual can be derived.
13. Reservation of Rights
1. Advertiser agrees that BuilderHK.com retains all right, title and interest in and to BuilderHK.com's technology, services and other intellectual property rights. Advertiser agrees that it will not reproduce, distribute, alter, modify, copy, edit, format, create derivative works of or otherwise use any materials, content or technology provided by BuilderHK.com, except as explicitly provided herein or approved in advance in writing by BuilderHK.com.
1. BuilderHK.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) remove Advertiser's Listing and/or cancel Advertiser's account for any reason or no reason; (ii) change the fees for Listing; (iii) change the procedures or rules for obtaining or maintaining a Listing; (iv) alter the content or other aspect of any Listing; and (v) discontinue Listing and/or the BuilderHK.com Directory or website. Payment of Advertiser's fee will not guarantee that Advertiser's listing(s), link(s) and/or account will remain on the BuilderHK.com Directory or website if Advertiser or Advertiser's listing is deemed to be in violation of any term or condition of this Agreement. Upon any termination or expiration of this Agreement, Advertiser shall promptly pay BuilderHK.com all moneys due hereunder.
2. Receipt times of all submissions, notices and other correspondences and transactions via the BuilderHK.com site are measured based on receipt by BuilderHK.com's servers. This Agreement: (a) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administration Region, without giving effect to principles of conflicts of law; (b) constitutes the complete and entire expression of the agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof; and (c) shall supersede any and all other agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties, including, without limitation, any print, online and electronic promotional materials. All waivers hereunder by BuilderHK.com must be expressly made in writing. Should any provision of this contract be held to be void, invalid, or inoperative, such provision shall be modified to reflect the fullest enforceable intent of the parties, or if such modification is not possible, severed, and the remaining provisions of this contract shall not be affected and shall continue in full force and effect. Exclusive venue for all disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be the courts located in Hong Kong Special Administration Region, and each party hereby irrevocably consents thereto. Any rights or obligations hereunder may not be transferred or assigned by Advertiser without the prior written consent of BuilderHK.com. BuilderHK.com may freely assign and delegate the Agreement and any of its rights and obligations hereunder.
Personal Data (Privacy) Policy Statement (“Privacy Statement”)
“BuilderHK” pledges to meet fully with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong. In doing so, “BuilderHK” will ensure compliance by its officers and staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in respect of all personal information and data submitted by users via the Site and “BuilderHK” will not, subject to the terms herein, release such information to anyone without the prior consent of the relevant user(s) of the Site (whether registered or not) (“User(s)”).
Users are strongly recommended to read this Privacy Statement carefully to have an understanding of “BuilderHK”’s policy and practices with regard to the treatment of personal information and data provided by the Users on the Site. This Privacy Statement is applicable to both registered and unregistered Users, and the terms herein may be updated, revised, varied and/or amended from time to time as “BuilderHK” may deem necessary and/or appropriate.
By registering for or using the services/Site, or by clicking the ‘Sign up’ button, User:
i) consent to “BuilderHK” and/or “BuilderHK”’s group companies collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing User’s personal data for the purposes as described below;
ii) consent to “BuilderHK” disclosing Users’ personal data to “BuilderHK”’s third party service providers or agents (whether within or outside Hong Kong) for the purposes as described below.
If Users have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, they should contact us via e-mail at cs@BuilderHK.com.
In this Privacy Statement, the following terms shall have the respective meanings specified below unless the context otherwise requires:
““BuilderHK”, Company, We, Our, Us”: means “BuilderHK”
“Sign up User(s)”: means Users who sign up on the Site to obtain services offered by “BuilderHK”. Unless the context provides otherwise, references in this Privacy Statement to “users” or “you” include references to generic users and Registered Users. “Site”: means any website, job portal or mobile application owned and operated by “BuilderHK” and its affiliates/subsidiaries or its service providers.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
In the course of using the Site, Users may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and/or data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy various services offered by the Site, it may be necessary for Users to provide “BuilderHK” with their personal information and/or data. Although Users are not obliged to provide the information and/or data as requested on the Site, “BuilderHK” will not be able to render certain services on the Site in the event that Users fail to do so.
“BuilderHK”’s purposes for collecting and using the information and data on the Site include but are not limited to the following:
i) for the daily operation of the services provided to Users;
ii) to provide Users with various services offered by the Site and newsletters and promotional and marketing materials;
iii) to handle and follow up on enquiries, requests and complaints from Users;
iv) to contact Users regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to his/her use of the Site and to respond to Users’ inquiry or request;
v) to assist “BuilderHK” with developments for future marketing and promoting purposes or other internal purposes;
vi) to verify the identity of Users who have submitted listings, posted advertisements, materials, representations, messages, views or comments or such other information (collectively “Information”) on the Site;
vii) to identify Users who have viewed the Information posted on the Site;
viii) to allow Users to enjoy their benefits as members of the Site by enrolling for special events and promotions hosted by “BuilderHK” and or its affiliates and or partner company;
ix) to identify Users who have enjoyed their benefits as members of the Site by receiving and using marketing promotional materials;
x) to facilitate “BuilderHK” and/or its affiliates to use the Users’ personal data for the purposes relating to the provision of services offered by “BuilderHK” and marketing services and/or special event of “BuilderHK” and/or its affiliates;
xi) to obtain statistics about Users to analyze usage of the Site in order to help its further development for internal use; and
xii) for purposes other than the above mentioned which are related to “BuilderHK”’s and/or its affiliates’ provision of their product and/or services as “BuilderHK” may deem fit.
“BuilderHK” strives to only collect personal data which are necessary and adequate but not excessive in relation to the purposes set out hereinabove.
If “BuilderHK” requires the use of your personal data for a purpose other than those set out hereinabove, we will request your prescribed consent to the same. If you are a minor, the prescribed consent should be given by your parent or guardian.
Collection of Personal Data
“BuilderHK” may collect personal information and/or data about a User such as his/her name, login ID and password, address, e-mail address, phone number, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience that is/are not otherwise publicly available. Occasionally, “BuilderHK” may also collect additional personal information and/or data from a User in connection with contests, surveys, or special offers.
Only duly authorized staff of “BuilderHK” will be permitted to access Users’ personal information and data, and “BuilderHK” shall not release such personal information and data to any third parties save and except for the circumstances listed out under the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data
“BuilderHK” agrees to take all practicable steps to keep all personal information and data of Users confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the following.
Generally speaking, “BuilderHK” will only disclose and/or transfer Users’ personal information and/or data to “BuilderHK”’s personnel and staff for the purpose of providing services to Users and corporate clients of “BuilderHK” who have made specific requests for such information and/or data with Users’ prior consent. However, “BuilderHK” may disclose and/or transfer such information and/or data to third parties under the following circumstances:
i) where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorized by “BuilderHK” to use such information and/or data and who will facilitate the services on the Site, under a duty of confidentiality;
ii) where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any agents, affiliates or associates of “BuilderHK” who have been duly authorized by “BuilderHK” to use such information and/or data;
iii) where permitted under the Terms & Conditions;
iv) where “BuilderHK” needs to protect and defend its rights and property;
v) where “BuilderHK” considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Site;
vi) where “BuilderHK” deems necessary in order to deliver the products and services that we offer and cultivate a positive user experience; and
vii) where “BuilderHK” deems necessary in order to maintain and improve the services on the Site.
Personal data collected via the Site may be transferred, stored and processed in any country in which “BuilderHK” and/or its affiliates. By using the Site, Users are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorized “BuilderHK” to disclose and/or transfer their personal information and data under the circumstances stated above, as well as to any transfer of information (including the Information) outside of the Users’ country.
Subscription of Newsletter/Promotional Materials/Marketing Materials
“BuilderHK” and its affiliates may from time to time send to members and Users of the Site newsletters, and marketing materials based on the personal information and data that they have provided to “BuilderHK”. “BuilderHK” may use Users’ data in direct marketing and “BuilderHK” requires the Users’ consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
i) the name, login ID and password, contact details, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience of Users held by “BuilderHK” from time to time may be used by “BuilderHK” and/or its authorized personnel or staff in direct marketing;
ii) the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed:
a. travelling related products and services;
b. job-hunting and agencies services offered other than by “BuilderHK”;
c. various courses and programs for Users seeking jobs and career opportunities;
d. special events hosted by “BuilderHK” and its affiliates for members and Users, including but not limited to courses, workshops, and competitions;
e. reward, loyalty or privilege programs and related products and services;
f. special offers including coupons, discounts, group purchase offers and promotional campaigns;
g. products and services offered by “BuilderHK”’s affiliates (the names of such affiliates can be found in the application form(s) for the relevant products and services, as the case may be);
h. donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
However (except for where we assist charitable organizations) we will only market items which we believe are in the area of career related products and services.
iii) the above products, services and subjects may be provided or (in the case of donations and contributions) solicited by “BuilderHK” and/or;
a. “BuilderHK”’s affiliates;
b. third party service providers providing the products, services and subjects listed in paragraph (b) above; and
c. charitable or non-profit making organizations;
iv) in addition to marketing the above services, products, and subject itself, “BuilderHK” also intends to provide the data described in paragraph (1) above to all or any of the persons described in paragraph (2) above for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects, and “BuilderHK” requires the Users’ written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose; and
v) “BuilderHK” may receive money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons in paragraph (iv) above and, when requesting the Users’ written consent as described in paragraph (iv) above, “BuilderHK” will inform Users if “BuilderHK” receives any money or other property in return for providing the data to other persons.
In this regard, Users may choose to sign up or unsubscribe for such materials by logging into the registration or Users’ account maintenance webpage, or clicking on the automatic link appearing in each newsletter/message, or contact “BuilderHK” via e-mail at cs@BuilderHK.com
Access to or Request for Correction of Data
Any User is entitled to request access to or make amendments to his/her own personal information and data kept with “BuilderHK” by contacting “BuilderHK” via e-mail at cs@BuilderHK.com. Subject to the paragraph below, User may alternatively edit, amend or delete his/her personal information and data at any time by logging into the Site.
In the event that a User wishes to access or amend his/her personal information and data, “BuilderHK” may request him/her to provide personal details in order to verify and confirm his/her identity. Identity card number or passport number or business registration certificate number cannot be amended unless such data is proved to be inaccurate. “BuilderHK” is required to respond to User’s requests within 40 days of his/her request and will endeavor to do so wherever possible, but “BuilderHK” reserves the rights to charge the User a reasonable fee for doing so.
Cookies and Log Files
“BuilderHK” does not collect any personally identifiable information from any Users whilst they visit and browse the Site. When Users access the Site, “BuilderHK” records their visits only and does not collect their personal information or data. The Site’s server software will also record the domain name, server, address and track the pages Users visit and store such information in “cookies”, and gather and store information like internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data in log files. All these are done without the Users being aware that they are occurring.
Users can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but Users can modify their individual browser settings to decline cookies if they prefer. However, Users should note that disabling cookies on their browser may prevent them from taking full advantage of the Site.
“BuilderHK” does not link the information and data automatically collected in the above manner to any personally identifiable information. “BuilderHK” generally uses such automatically collected information and data to estimate the audience size of the Site, gauge the popularity of various parts of the Site, track Users’ movements and number of entries in “BuilderHK”’s promotional activities and special events, measure Users’ traffic patterns and administer the Site. Such automatically collected information and data will not be disclosed save and except in accordance with the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data”.
In addition, our third party advertising companies may place cookies on some of the pages Users visit on the Site. These cookies are designed to collect non-personally identifiable information in order to analyze Users’ interests and searches on our Site to help deliver more relevant advertisements when Users visit our Site and other websites. The non-personally identifiable information collected by these cookies may be shared with other third parties for purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis.
Links to Other Websites
The Site may provide links to other websites which are not owned or controlled by “BuilderHK”, “BuilderHK” or its affiliates. Personal information and data from Users may be collected on these other websites when Users visit such websites and make use of the services provided therein. Where and when Users decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on the Site which grants Users access to another website, the protection of Users’ personal information and data which are deemed to be private and confidential may be exposed in these other websites.
Non-registered Users who gain access to the Site via their accounts in online social networking tools (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Sina Weibo) are deemed to have consented to the terms of this Privacy Statement, and such Users’ personal data which they have provided to those networking tools may be obtained by “BuilderHK” and be used by “BuilderHK” and its authorized persons in and outside of the User’s country for the purpose of providing services and marketing materials to the Users. “BuilderHK” and its authorized personnel may gain access and use the personal data of such Users so obtained, subject to the other provisions of this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement is only applicable to the Site. Users are reminded that this Privacy Statement grants no protection to Users’ personal information and data that may be exposed on websites other than the Site, and “BuilderHK” is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. Users are strongly recommended to refer to the privacy policies of such other websites before using those websites.
The security of Users’ personal information and data is important to “BuilderHK”. “BuilderHK” will always strive to ensure that Users’ personal information and data will be protected against unauthorized access. “BuilderHK” has implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure Users’ personal information and data.
All personal information and data provided by Users are only accessible by the authorized personnel of “BuilderHK” or its authorized third parties, and such personnel shall be instructed to observe the terms of this Privacy Statement when accessing such personal information and data. Users may rest assured that their personal information and data will only be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected. Registered User should safeguard his/her unique Username and Password by keeping it secret and confidential and never share these details with anyone.
“BuilderHK” uses a third-party service provider to facilitate the electronic payment transactions on the Site.
“BuilderHK” follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and data submitted by Users to the Site, both during transmission and once “BuilderHK” receives it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while “BuilderHK” strives to protect Users’ personal information and data against unauthorized access, “BuilderHK” cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of Personal Data
Once “BuilderHK” has obtained a User’s personal information and/or data, it will be maintained securely in “BuilderHK”’s system for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected as set out under the section headed “Purpose of Collection of Personal Data”. Once registered, Users may terminate his/her membership of the Site by contacting “BuilderHK” via e-mail at cs@BuilderHK.com. “BuilderHK” may retain User’s personal information even after User has closed his/her account if retention is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes between Users, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce this Privacy Statement and the Terms and Conditions.
Changes in This Privacy Statement
“BuilderHK” reserves the right to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement at any time as “BuilderHK” deems necessary, so Users are strongly recommended to review this Privacy Statement frequently. If “BuilderHK” decides to update, revise, modify or amend this Privacy Statement, “BuilderHK” will post those changes to this webpage and/or other places “BuilderHK” deems appropriate so that Users would be aware of what information “BuilderHK” collects, how “BuilderHK” uses it, and under what circumstances, if any, “BuilderHK” discloses it.
If “BuilderHK” makes material changes to this Privacy Statement, “BuilderHK” will notify Users on this webpage, by email, or by means of a notice on the home page of “BuilderHK”. Such changes to this Privacy Statement shall apply from the time that “BuilderHK” posts the same on this webpage. Users’ continued use of the Site and services on the Site shall constitute acceptance of the changes to this Privacy Statement.
Should you have any enquiries relating to this Privacy Statement, please e-mail at cs@BuilderHK.com.